In today’s society, having a vehicle is almost a must – especially in areas without an abundance of public transportation. Owning a vehicle gives you the freedom to go where you want, when you want to go.
However, driving a car does not come without its own risks. Automobiles are only machines and they can break down – often at the most inopportune times. If you find yourself stranded on the side of the road, a roadside emergency kit is essential.
The following items are must-haves for any roadside emergency kit.
- Jumper cables – for jump-starting your car if the battery dies
- Tire repair kit – to make emergency repairs to punctures in your tire
- Tow rope – in case your car cannot be repaired and you need to be towed to the nearest service station
- Flashlight with extra batteries – no one wants to be left in the dark
- Orange cone(s) – to place around your car to warn other motorists that you are on the side of the road
- Gloves – perfect for freezing temperatures
- Rain gear – essential for working on your car in rainy weather
- Blanket – another useful item for freezing temperatures
- Water – necessary, in case help is not quick to arrive
- Zip ties – useful plastic ties that can help make temporary repairs to your car
- Food (granola bars and other items with a long shelf life) – again, necessary in the event of a long wait for help
- First aid kit – necessary for any minor injuries
Within the first aid kit, you should have:
- Rubber gloves
- Cotton balls
- Antiseptic wipes
- Pain relievers (Tylenol)
- Antibiotic cream
With a roadside emergency kit, you have one less thing to worry about – if your car breaks down, you will know that you are prepared for the worst. Preparing a roadside emergency kit takes only a few minutes (once you have all of the supplies) and you can pack the items into any backpack, duffel bag or other carrying case for easy transport.
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.