As we move from spring to summer, now is a great time to perform regular maintenance to the things you use the most. Because we rely on our vehicles every day, rain or shine, it’s a good idea to put it at the top of your list.
Here is a car maintenance checklist that will keep you car running smoothly and efficiently, no matter what the time of year.
Once per month
- Check your car’s oil level. Add oil if running low.
- Check your tire pressure. Add air as appropriate.
- Inspect your tires as you check the pressure. Make sure they aren’t leaking, wearing in an uneven pattern, or damaged.
- Check your coolant or antifreeze. Add if running low.
- Check your windshield washer fluid, and add more as needed, especially during high use months.
Once per quarter
- Change your car’s oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. Check your air filter and replace as needed.
- Check battery, brake, transmission and power steering fluids. Add fluid if its running low. Also watch for patterns of low fluids, as it could be a sign of something wrong with your system.
- Check hoses, belts and cables. Clean if corroded, and replace when you notice worn, frayed or brittleness.
Once per year
- Replace the wiper blades to avoid brittleness and smears.
- Check headlights, brake lights and turn signals. Replace bulbs as appropriate.
- Check the spare tire to make sure it’s fully inflated.
- Inspect the brakes for signs of wear or damage.
- Inspect shock absorbers for wear or oil seepage.
While this checklist should be followed routinely, add in extra checks if you are planning long road trips to ensure your family is safe along the journey. Checks and maintenance before you leave can prevent costly mishaps along the way, saving you time and money.
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.