It’s hard to believe that summer has passed, it’s now September, the leaves are changing and it’s time to get our car ready for the changing weather! This is the perfect time of year to go over your car maintenance checklist and make sure that your car is prepared for the coming winter.
- If you haven’t had the oil in the engine of your car changed recently, now is the time to have it serviced. Regular oil changes are very important in your car maintenance. Having clean oil in the engine helps to keep your car running smoothly.
- Battery Service– The cables and terminals on your car battery should be thoroughly inspected for wear or damage. The battery fluid should also be checked along with the batteries ability to hold a charge. Colder weather can really deplete the battery. If you’ve had the same battery for 4 years or more, you might want to think seriously about having it replaced.
- Check Tires– Your tires should be checked to make sure they are in good condition and will provide the traction you’ll need in the winter months. Checking for proper tire pressure is another step on our car maintenance checklist. In some of the newer cars, the tire pressure sensors can be triggered by the colder temperatures. So if your car’s sensors have alerted you, have the tire pressure checked, so you’re sure the tires have the correct pressure they need.
- Replace Windshield Wiper Blades– Proper car maintenance includes replacing worn out wiper blades and refilling windshield washer fluid in the washer reservoir. You might want to use snow blades during the winter months, they are designed for better snow removal. Please don’t put plain water into your windshield washer reservoir! It will freeze and crack the reservoir.
- Cooling System Flush– Your car’s cooling system needs maintenance. Not only does it keep the engine from overheating but it also keeps it from freezing. It’s important to have the system flushed and replaced with fresh coolant.
- Have Your Brakes Checked-There is nothing more frightening than trying to bring your car to a stop in bad weather and the brakes don’t do their job. If you haven’t had your brakes checked in the last six months, now is the time to have it done.
Before you know it, the leaves will be off the trees, and the snow will be falling. Don’t get caught off-guard, complete your car maintenance checklist today. Let us help you with all of your Denver Auto Repair needs, you can trust Express Car Care. Call (303) 691-2760 or stop by our shop today.
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.