None of us want to be looking for an auto repair shop when our car is in need of major repairs, but finding a good repair shop can sometimes seem a bit overwhelming! Here are some tips to help you find a good auto repair shop.
- Ask trusted friends, family and co-workers if they know a reputable repair shop. Word of mouth is usually the best form of advertisement. Ask them if the service they received was done on time and at the quoted price. Following the advice of people you trust is always wise.
- Check consumer reports online. The internet is a good source of information and you can find other opinions regarding certain auto repair shops, whether the experience was good or bad.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau. Once you find a shop you are interested in trying, they can tell you if there have been any reports filed against them. Simply log onto www.betterbusinessbureau.com for information free of charge.
- Ask about the mechanics training and credentials. Most mechanics will have a general certification and some mechanics have gone on to specialize in certain fields.
- Compare rates. There can be significant price differences between auto repair shops when it comes to parts and labor. Make sure you know and are comfortable with what you will be charged for their services.
- On your first visit to your chosen repair shop, look for a clean well-organized work area and office. This will give you an idea as to how they run their business. Do you expect to get good and dependable service if the place is a mess?
Once you find a good auto repair shop and are pleased with your decision, let them know! We so often complain about the things we don’t like but fail to mention the things we do! Tell your repair shop when you’re happy with them and don’t forget to say a simple thank you when you pick up your car. A few kind words can change a “good” auto repair shop into a “Great” one!
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.