It is no secret that times are hard. More and more people are watching what they spend and finding ways to save money. One major way people are saving money is by avoiding a new car purchase. Buying a new car means taking out a loan – unless you have the cold, hard cash and most people do not have that kind of money.
So, instead of buying new, people are finding ways to take better care of their current car to extend its life. The maintenance is worth the money because more and more cars are staying on the highway well past 100,000 miles. Here are some tips to help you keep your current car rolling down the road.
- Take care of your muffler, catalytic converter and oxygen sensors. When your check engine light comes on, that is your car’s way of telling you that something is wrong. Pay attention to what it is saying. If it is determined that you need a new oxygen sensor, go ahead and replace it. However, if the same problem keeps happening, it is time to replace the catalytic converter, muffler and the sensors. Your car will run smoother, have more power, and get better gas mileage. Let us check the condition of your car to ensure running longer. Express Car Care of Denver auto repair can help if you do break down.
- Flush more than just your radiator. Everyone knows that a radiator system should be flushed. However, your power steering fluid and your brake fluid should also be flushed to get rid of any build-up that may have developed over time.
- Have your air conditioning system cleaned and deodorized. This will help keep your system running efficiently and keep it from having an obnoxious odor (a common problem after several years of use).
- Replace your ball joints and struts or shocks. Your car may not be exhibiting signs that those items need replaced, but when you start racking up the miles, it pays to prevent a problem, rather than wait for a problem to occur. Not only will you be riding in a safer car, your car will ride much better.
- Have your wheels (not your tires) aligned or replaced. Over time, your wheels can wear down in spots. Having someone align them and fix all the areas of wear and tear will improve the ride.
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.