As we all know, the engine is as important to a car as a heart is to a human body. Therefore, it’s important to keep the engine finely tuned so you’ll have trouble free performance, as well as longevity. Still, engine maintenance is one of the most neglected aspects of the overall maintenance of a vehicle. Here are five essential engine maintenance tips that if you follow, you can not only keep up the performance of the engine, but you can also keep your pockets safe from costly engine repair bills.
- Regular Oil Change: This is the most important and a must follow engine maintenance tip. We should strictly follow the oil change schedule provided by the manufacturer in order to keep the lubrication level at its proper place. The engine oil catches metal particles and dirt, and if not kept at the right levels and changed at the right time, it can negatively affect the life of the engine.
- Avoid Rough Driving: We should avoid driving our vehicles roughly and should practice engine friendly driving habits, like using proper speed-gear combinations and avoid overheating the engine.
- Maintaining Fluid Level: The cooling system maintains the engine temperature and keeps it safe from overheating. Maintaining the proper fluid level in the cooling system is very important and should be checked and refilled on a regular basis.
- Listen to Your Vehicle: Keep a close eye and ear on the performance of every component and as soon as you hear any unusual sound coming from the engine, have it inspected. Even a faulty spark plug or a dirty air filter can prove harmful for an engine. These parts should be repaired or replaced as soon as you suspect a problem in any one of them.
- Regular Service: We should strictly follow the service schedule recommended by the manufacturer. This service includes checking, repairing, cleaning, replacing many of the essential components of the engine. By staying on top of these essential engine maintenance tips, we can improve the performance and increase the life of our vehicle’s engine.
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.