Thinking about how pricey a trip to the mechanic can become? As a result, you may stall when it comes to having car issues looked at. Think again.
For some issues, this is no big deal. But with others, hesitation can have very unpleasant results. So, the next time your car makes one of these noises; don’t delay, have it checked today.
1. The wheels squeak or chirp while you drive – If your car tires chirp or squeak at you, it could be a sign that your wheel bearing or axle bearing is failing; especially if the noise is altered by speed. If this issue is left unchecked, the part could completely fail, leaving you with a locked up tire or possibly no tire at all.
2. Engine hissing – Your car’s engine should hum…not hiss. If you hear a hissing sound coming from the engine compartment either during or after driving, you probably have an issue with the heating system. Carefully watch the temperature gauge, as overheating can cause serious damage to your engine.
3. Grinding or scraping while you break – Every car has two main functions: go and stop. If you hear a grinding or scraping noise while you are trying to stop, this probably means there is an issue with your breaks. Be sure to stop in at your local mechanic to have the problem fixed.
4. Exhaust roar – We have all seen cars that take of with a bellowing roar and a billowing cloud of smoke. If this is your car, you probably have an issue with the exhaust system. These problems should be addressed quickly, since exhaust leaking into the passenger compartment can cause serious health hazards.
5. Clicking or tapping from the engine – Clicking or tapping noises from the engine most likely are indicative of low oil levels or low pressure. Low oil levels or pressure can cause pricey issues down the road, so again, be sure to get this checked quickly.
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.