After returning from a much needed and relaxing vacation, only to feel “stressed” a day later. I have decided to deviate from our usual subjects and share with you some “stress buster” techniques instead. Stress is an unfortunate fact of life and we have all experienced it. But possessing a healthy sense of awareness and control can help us influence stress by shortening its duration or avoiding it altogether. Here are some simple methods to help you deal with stress.
- Practice Breathing Slowly and Deeply– Anytime you feel tense, simply inhale deeply for two seconds, and then exhale for four seconds. Repeat several times. Momentarily relax yourself. Let your shoulders and jaw drop. A wave of relaxation will flow downward through your body.
- Practice Letting Go– Watch for the next instance in which you find yourself becoming annoyed or angry at something trivial or unimportant. Then make a conscious choice not to get angry or upset. Change your perception of the event and don’t waste energy thinking about it. Effective anger management is a proven stress buster.
- Practice Slowing Down your Speech– Whenever you feel overwhelmed by stress, practice speaking more slowly than usual. You’ll find that you think more clearly and react more reasonably to stressful situations. Stressed people tend to speak fast and breathlessly, by slowing down your speech you’ll also appear less anxious and more in control of any situation.
- Breathe in Some Fresh Air-Our grandparents were right about the healing power of fresh air. Even five minutes outside on a balcony or sidewalk can be rejuvenating. So don’t let time or weather stand in your way.
- Eat Right-Drink plenty of water and eat small nutritious snacks. Hunger or dehydration can provoke aggressiveness and increase feelings of anxiety and stress.
- Turn Off The TV and Computer-The TV and the computer disrupt the senses and can cause depression. Don’t let them control you. Don’t aimlessly channel surf or watch violent or depressing shows, including the news.
- Reward Yourself At the End of the Day-Put aside work, housekeeping or family concerns for a brief period before bedtime and allow yourself to fully relax. You need time to recharge and energize yourself. You’ll be more fully prepared to face another stressful day.
- Consciously Choose to Be Happy-Abraham Lincoln said, “Most folks are about as happy as they choose to be.” Choose to be happy by thinking about the positive events, people and situations in your life. If you choose happiness day after day, it will soon become a habit. A habit that you won’t have to break
For all of your Denver Auto Repair needs, trust Express Car Care. Call (303) 691-2760 or stop by our shop today.
Are you tired of visiting the auto dealers and chain stores for your automotive needs, where you are nothing more than a number? Looking for that honest and friendly customer service you can usually only find in a small town? Look no further – that’s why we created Express Car Care Denver. Some of our services include no wait Oil Change - Brakes Service - Clutches - Tune-Ups but we provide additional services for your car, just stop by and let us take a look.
Call us with any questions - (303) 691-2760
Express Car Care is family owned and operated, and you will always see the same faces when you visit. While I own Express Car Care, I work here as well. You’ll always see me somewhere in the building, and I’m always around to answer your questions, or just to say hi.