Women and auto repair – the two words may not seem to go hand-in-hand, but they do. And while many auto repair shops still have the mentality of dealing with an all male customer base, others are embracing the fact that women now take control over many things in their family’s household … including their automobiles.
Want more proof? Take a look at these statistics.
- About 74% of women are solely responsible for maintenance and upkeep decisions pertaining to their vehicle.
- About 65% of auto repair shop customers are – you guessed it – women.
- As customers, women usually ask more questions than men – they want specific information about the problem and the repairs being performed. They are also much more descriptive when describing a problem with their vehicle.
- Most men discuss major repairs with their partners/spouses – meaning women are still a huge part of the repair process, even if they are not present.
- About 25% of women will take care of light maintenance tasks on their own, such as checking and refilling fluids, washing and cleaning their car, changing wiper blades, and other small tasks. For manufacturers of auto cleaning solutions, air fresheners, waxes, etc., this is an important fact because it means women make up a significant portion of their customer base.
- Women first value trust, followed by convenience, when it comes to choosing someone to perform auto repairs.
- Women spend about $300 billion each year on auto repairs, maintenance, and in the used car market.
- Female auto repair technicians are more detail-oriented and focused on customer service than their male counterparts.
- Women are gradually taking over the maintenance and service aspect of owning a vehicle – instead of being dependent on a man to handle their auto repairs, more and more women are taking care of their cars on their own.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.