Most of us have everything scheduled , whether we realize it or not! We eat, sleep and play, all on a schedule that we have created. So it only makes sense that we schedule regular car maintenance for the vehicles that we use every single day to get us to our other scheduled events!
We’ve put together a car maintenance schedule that should help keep your car running smoothly and efficiently.
Once per month
- Check your car’s oil level. Add oil if running low.
- Check your tire pressure. Add air as appropriate.
- Inspect your tires as you check the pressure. Make sure they aren’t leaking, or wearing in an uneven pattern, or damaged.
- Check your coolant or antifreeze. Add if running low.
- Check your windshield washer fluid, and add more as needed, especially during high use months.
Once per quarter
- Change your car’s oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. Check your air filter and replace as needed.
- Check battery, brake, transmission and power steering fluids. Add fluid if its running low. Also watch for patterns of low fluids, as it could be a sign of something wrong with your system.
- Check hoses, belts and cables. Clean if corroded, and replace when you notice worn, frayed or brittleness.
Once per year
- Replace the wiper blades to avoid brittleness and smears.
- Check headlights, brake lights and turn signals. Replace bulbs as needed.
- Check the spare tire to make sure it’s fully inflated.
- Inspect the brakes for signs of wear or damage.
- Inspect shock absorbers for wear or oil seepage.
Although this schedule should be followed routinely, you should add in extra checks if you have long road trips scheduled so you can ensure your family is safe for a long journey. Checks and maintenance before you leave can prevent costly mishaps along the way and save you valuable time and money.
If we can help with any of these services give us a call at (303) 691-2760 or come in and see us at the shop.