Today’s cars are more complicated than ever, using computers and sensors to run virtually everything within your car. From navigational systems, to videos, and even WiFi connectivity, when something goes wrong, it can have a major impact on your daily life.
Your automobile is a big investment. And with today’s increasing technology, even a small repair can be a big investment as well. It’s important to find an auto repair technician you can trust. Someone who will give you honest feedback on the condition of your vehicle, and what your options are. Here are some questions to ask your repair technician before you leave your car:
- How safe will my car be? Certain cars are more susceptible to theft and break-ins. Will they keep your car safe and locked up if you have to leave it overnight? Do they have an alarm system in place and a well lit area?
- How much experience do you have? Review the credentials of your auto repair technician, as well as the qualifications of the company as a whole. A company should stand behind their work, no matter what technician works on your car, and should guarantee the work they perform.
- What type of certification do you have? Again, both the company and the technician should have certification to work on vehicle. Find out if your auto technician is ASE certified or has comparable training. Ask if mechanics have received updated training that supports the technological advances found in today’s cars.
- Is there a guarantee policy and what are the conditions under which it is implemented? While every good mechanic strives to offer the best service possible, occasionally something may happen with the work performed. Find out what the guarantee policy is.
- Do you have a web site, and do you post specials or discounts? If there are discounts, is it necessary to clip coupons to receive the discounted price?
The better working relationship you have with your auto repair technician, the more you can rely on them to answer questions, and keep your car in top shape. They are there as a resource for you, not simply to repair your car. They build their business by being an expert, and sharing their expertise with you. Just ask.
For all of your Denver Auto Repair needs, trust Express Car Care. Call (303) 691-2760 or stop by our shop today.